Total Pageviews

Monday, January 28, 2013

Trying to conceive Lingo Dictionary

I'm a HUGE fan of the 'two weeks wait' website. I check it out almost daily and really love reading everyone's positive stories about 'finally' getting their first BFP 'big fat positive' after months/years of trying. Helps keep me in check and hopeful. I have to admit I cry alot while reading them haha.. Their stories are all so touching and I'm happy for all these people even if I've never met them. Also, I love how they have various forums, I tend to read the posts that relate to my infertility situation (Pcos, hypothyroidism.. clomid..). In their posts, everyone tends to write their symptoms prior to ovulation, during their two weeks wait and after their BFP. It's very helpful and it's nice to know that I can relate some of my symptoms on clomid with others. Keep telling myself one day it will be my turn and I'll finally get to post my BFP. Anyways.. I'm all about the TTC Lingo now haha.. even my husband laughs at me. So I thought I'd post the 'Lingo' Dictionary off the two weeks wait website.

If you've never checked out their site, I highly suggest it..  here's the link.. warning: it's highly addicting.. ;)

http://www.twoweekwait.com/articles/ttc-online-lingo-dictionary


TTC Online "Lingo" Dictionary

A
AAMOF - As A Matter Of Fact
ACA - Anti-Cardiolopin Antibodies
ADN - Any Day Now
AF - Aunt Flo - Menstrual Cycle
AH,AZH - Assisted Hatching
AHI - At-home Insemination
AI - Artificial Insemination
AIH - Artificial Insemination from Husband
AKA - Also Known As
AO - Anovulation
AOA,AVA - Anti-ovarian Antibody
ART - Assisted Reproductive Technology
ATM - At The Moment
AWOL - A Woman On Lupron

B
B4 - Before
B4N - Before Now
BA - Baby Aspirin
BABYDUST - Good wishes vibe for getting pregnant
BBL - Be Back Later
BBT - Basal Body Temperature
BBs - BooBies AKA Breasts
B/C - Because
BC - Birth Control
BCP - Birth Control Pills
BD - Baby Dance (intercourse)
BF - BreastFed, BoyFriend
BFN - Big Fat Negative (Neg Pregnancy Test)
BFP - Big Fat Positive! (Positive Pregnancy Test)
BIL - Brother InLaw


C
C# - Cycle Number
CB - Cycle Buddy
CD - Cycle Day
CF - Cervical Fluid
CM - Cervical Mucus
CP - Cervical Position
CNM - CertifiedNurseMidwife

D
DA - Dear Angel
DH - Dear Husband
DP - Dear Partner
DD - Dear daughter
DS - Dear Son
DSD - Dear Step-Daughter
DSS - Dear Step-Son
D&C - Dilation & Curettage
D&E - Dilation & Evacuation
DPO - Days Post-Ovulation
DPC - Days Since Last Clomid pill was taken
DPR - Days Post-Retrieval
DPT - Days Post-Transfer
Dx - Diagnosis

E
E2 - Estradiol
EB,EMB - Endometrial Biopsy
EDD - Estimated Due Date
ENDO - Endometriosis
EG - Evil Grin
EOD - End Of Discussion
EPO - Evening Primrose Oil
EPT - Early Pregnancy Test
ESP - ESPecially
ET - Embryo Transfer
EW,EWCM - Eggwhite Cervical Mucus

F
FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer
FHR - Fetal Heart Rate
FIL - Father in law
FP - Follicular Phase
FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone
FBOW - For Better Or Worse
FTTA - Fertile Thoughts To All
FUR - False Unicorn Root
FV - Fertile Vibes
FYA - For Your Amusement
FYI - For Your Information

G
G - Grin
GAFIA - Get Away From It All
GAL- Get A Life
GFY - Good For You
GG- Gotta Go
GIFT - Gamete Intra-fallopianTransfer
GMTA - Great Minds Think Alike
GnRH - Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone
GP - General Practitioner

H
HAGD - Have A Great Day
HAND - Have A Nice Day
hCG,HCG - Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
hMG,HMG - Human Menopausal Gonadotropin
HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy
HSC - Hysteroscopy
HSG - Hysterosalpingogram
HTH - Hope That Helps
HUTH - Hang Up The Horns

I
IAC - In Any Case
IAE - In Any Event
ICI - Intra-cervical Insemination
ICSI - Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection
ICBW - I Could Be Wrong
IDTT - I'll Drink To That
IIRC - If I Recall Correctly
IM - Instant Message (Instant Messaging)
IF - Infertility
IMAO - In My Arrogant Opinion
IMBO - In My Biased Opinion
IMCO - In My Considered Opinion
IME - In My Experience
IMHO - In My Honest/Humble Opinion
IMNSHO - In My Not So Humble Opinion
IMO - In My Opinion
INPO - In No Particular Order
IOW - In Other Words
IRL - In Real Life
ITI - Intra-tubal Insemination
IUI - Intra-uterine Insemination
IVF - InVitro Fertilization

J
JIC - Just In Case
J/K - Just Kidding
JMO - Just My Opinion
JTYWLTK - Just Thought You Would Like To Know

K
KISS - Keep It Simple Sweetheart (Stupid)
KUP - Keep us posted
KWIM - Know What I Mean

L
LAP - Laparoscopy
LH - Luteinizing Hormone
LMP - Last Menstrual Period (startdate)
LMAO - Laughing My Ankles (A**) Off
LMBO - Laughing My Butt Off
LO - Love Olympics (sex)
LOL - Laugh Out Loud
LP - Luteal Phase
LPD - Luteal Phase Defect4
LSP - Low Sperm Count
LUF,LUFS - Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome

M
MC,m/c - Miscarriage
MF - MaleFactor
MIFT - Micro Injection Fallopian Transfer
MIL - Mother in law
M/S, MS - Morning Sickness

N
NA (N/A) - Not Applicable, Not Appropriate
NAK - Nursing At Keyboard
Newbie - New to the Internet or Bulletin Board
NFP - Natural Family Planning
NIPing - Nursing In Public
NMP - Not My Problem
NP - No Problem
NPI - No Pun Intended
NRN - No Reply Necessary
NT - No Text

O
O - Ovulation, Ovulated
OB - Obstetrician
OB/GYN - Obstetrician/Gynecologist
OC - Oral Contraceptives
OD - Ovulatory Dysfunction
OHT - One-Handed Typing
OP - Other Poster/Original Poster
OIC - Oh I (C) See
OMG - Oh My God
OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit
OPT - Ovulation Predictor Test
OT - Off Topic
OTOH - On The Other Hand
OTS - Off The Subject
OTC - Over The Counter

P
PPAF - Post-Pardom Aunt Flo
PCO - Polycystic Ovaries
PCOD - Polycystic Ovary Disease
PCOS - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
PCP - Primary Care Physician
PCT - Post Coital Test
PG - Pregnant
PID - Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
PMS - Pre-menstrual Syndrome
POAS - Pee on a stick (Home Pregnancy Test)
PPL - PeoPLe
PTL - Praise The Lord
PU - That Stinks

R
RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist
R-FSH - Recombinant Human Follicle Stimulating Hormone
RI - Reproductive Immunologist
Rx - Prescription

S
SA - Semen Analysis
SAHD - Stay-At-Home Dad
SAHM - Stay-At-Home Mom
SB - Step-Brother
SBT - Sad But True
SD - Step-Daughter / Step-Dad
SFAIAA - So Far As I Am Aware
SF - Step-Father
SFMP - Sorry For Multiple Posts
SHG - Sonohysterogram
SIL - Sister in law
SITD - Still In The Dark
SM - Step-Mom (Mother)
SNS - Supplemental Nursing System
SMEP - Sperm Meets Egg Plan
SS - Step-Son / Step-Sister
SO - Significant Other
STD - Sexually Transmitted Disease

T
TAFT - That's A Frightening Thought
TAYL - Talk At You Later
TCOYF -Taking Care of Your Fertility
TFIC - Tongue Firmly In Cheek
THX - Thanks
TIA- Thanks In Advance
TIC - Tongue In Cheek
TIME - Tears In My Eyes
TMI - Too Much Information
TOH - typing one-handed
TPTB - The Powers That Be
TTC - Trying To Conceive
TTFN - Ta-Ta For Now
TTYL - Talk To You Later
TTYS - Talk To You Soon
TWIMC - To Whom It May Concern
TWW - Two week wait (also 2WW)
TY - Thank You
TYVM - Thank You Very Much
TR - Tubal Reversal
Tx - Treatment

U
UR - Urologist
U/S - Ultrasound
UTI - Urinary Tract Infection

V
V - Vasectomy
VR - Vasectomy Reversal

W
WAHD - Work-At-Home-Dad
WAHM - Work-At-Home-Mom
WB - Welcome Back
WFM - Works For Me
WEG - Wicked Evil Grin
W/O - WithOut
WNL - Within Normal Limits
WOHM - Work Out of Home Mom
WRT - With Regard To
WTG - Way To Go
WTH - What The Heck??
WU? - What's Up?
WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get

Z
ZIFT - Zygote Intra-fallopian Transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment